21 March 2016 Extended up to 31 March 2016
Is your enterprise in a start-up phase and does it integrate social and environmental benefits, solving pressing local issues? Do you need support to help to establish and grow your enterprise? If yes, then apply for SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development.
Applications are open for SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development with a motive to find the most promising, innovative and locally-led start-up social and environmental enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies.
The three awards open for applications are:
- Switch Africa Green-SEED Awards,
- SEED Africa Awards
- SEED Gender Equality Awards.
SEED is based on the understanding that the promotion of social and environmental entrepreneurship is pivotal for sustainable development and poverty reduction.
Winners will be honored at the SEED Africa Symposium on 28-29 September 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya, where they have the opportunity to present their innovative business model to influential delegates and to share their experiences with experts and other enterprises
The SEED Catalyser offers each SEED Award Winner a customised support package consisting of tools, capacity building, profiling, network building, and financing, all tailored to their individual needs.
SEED this year will make available up to:
- 15 SAG-SEED Awards to enterprises in Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa and Uganda supported by the SWITCH-Africa Green project, which is implemented by UNEP with the assistance of the European Union;
- 4 SEED Africa Awards to enterprises in Malawi, Mozambique and Namibia supported by the Government of Flanders;
- 1 SEED Gender Equality Award to enterprises in Kenya that are run or owned by women and prioritise women‘s empowerment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for the awards via given website.
For more information, please visit SEED Awards 2016.