Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of U.S. Embassy is currently accepting applications for the 2016 Spring Round of the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program to support the development of Kyrgyzstan’s democratic institutions and civil society by competitively awarding small grants to Kyrgyz nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, nonprofit civil society organizations (CSOs), and independent local media organizations.
Project Themes (Not Limited)
- Promotion of a robust civil society that promotes human and civil rights of all population segments
- Free flow of information (including support for independent media)
- Civic education and advocacy and citizen understanding of government and institutions
- Government transparency, citizen understanding of public finance, anti-corruption awareness
- Civil society involvement in promoting rule of law and legal reform
- Interfaith and inter-ethnic dialogue and conflict resolution
- Religious freedom
- Combatting violent extremism
- Anti-trafficking in persons
- Economic empowerment and entrepreneurship, particularly for women, youth and disadvantaged groups
- Environmental awareness
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Maximum grant award is $50 000 with the average grant at $25 000 or less.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- U.S. Embassy Democracy Commission welcomes applications from non-governmental organizations, academic or research institutions and other organizations in Kyrgyzstan.
- Higher priority will be given to proposals that include concrete project activities detailed and supported by a reasonable work plan, and demonstrate creativity and innovation in a particular field.
How to Apply
- Applicants must download the application from via given website.
- Project proposals must be submitted in English and in either Kyrgyz or Russian languages.
For more information, please visit Democracy Commission.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.