Deadline: 1 June 2015
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has issued a call for Proposals from high qualified individuals to deliver ‘Good Practices Paper relating to Action 2 of the Global Action Plan: 2014 – 2024 Ensuring that no child is born stateless.’
The objective of this call is to prepare a Good Practices Paper highlighting at least 4 positive examples of countries taking steps to reform their nationality laws to incorporate and implement safeguards to prevent statelessness among children born in their territories, foundlings as well as children born to nationals abroad.
This project will entail the following activities by the consultant:
- In collaboration with UNHCR, identification of 4 good practice examples of States which have taken action to include and implement safeguards to prevent childhood statelessness in their nationality laws.
- Desk review of the selected examples, including UNHCR materials, studies, media reports etc.
- Interviews with UNHCR offices and external actors who played a role in achieving the reforms.
- Preparation of a detailed outline of the Good Practices Paper.
- Preparation of a draft of the Good Practices Paper, according to the template provided by UNHCR.
- Preparation of the final version of the Good Practices Paper based on consultation with UNHCR.
The consultancy is product-based. USD 10,000 will be paid, including USD 5,000 upon delivery of the draft Paper and the remainder upon delivery of the final version.
For more information, visit this link.