Deadline: 20 May 2016
ViiV Healthcare is seeking applications from organisations for its “Positive Actions for MSM & Transgender” Small Grants programme which is a new global initiative designed to support and inform the global effort to alleviate the impact of HIV and AIDS among MSM (men who have sex with men) and transgender populations around the world and to enable MSM and transgender individuals to safely seek culturally competent HIV care and services.
The program focuses on vulnerable communities and the stigma and discrimination they face on a daily basis due to sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and/or HIV status and will continue to support MSM/T communities as they strengthen their capacity to lead, participate in policy-making and advocate addressing the health disparities and health service access issues keeping MSM/T individuals from lifesaving prevention and treatment.
- Reduce the level and impact of stigma experienced by MSM/T individuals
- Increase access to health related services through community-based collaborations with local governments and health care enablers
- Strengthen the capacity of community-based organizations that engage MSM/T communities in reducing HIV
- Applications for MSM community-led projects that are limited to applications of 50,000 over two years
- Applications for Transgender community-led projects that are limited to applications of £50,000 over two years.
- Community engagement, participation and leadership
- Community-centred approaches
- Evidence-based and Evidence-generating
- New technology and Innovation
- Advocacy and Empowerment
- There are no geographical restrictions on applications.
- For applicants applying from India must have the following documentation in place to submit an application and be able to meet ViiV Healthcare due diligence process:
- Proof of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) registration, and
- Copy of current 80g
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit ViiV Healthcare.