The Jan Vrijman Fund is looking for creative documentaries and documentary events in developing countries. When selecting projects, the fund strives to have a minimum of 18% of the selected projects from countries on the DAC list (Least Developed Countries and Lower Income Countries). Moreover, applicants should be attentive regarding the fund’s current budget which does not allow selecting more than 8% of the projects submitted.
To apply you need to:
- Read the regulations below to see if your project meets the basic criteria
- Fill out an entry form (available at My IDFA)
- The director should have the nationality of a developing country and live and work in a developing country, as defined on the DAC list. In addition the production company attached to the project must be based in a country on the DAC list. PLEASE NOTE: as of June 2008, filmmakers from Croatia cannot apply anymore.
- If a production company from a non-DAC list country is attached to the project, it is also necessary that the project has a producer and production company in a developing country. In this case, the application to the fund must be filed by the producer in the developing country.
- A project can be submitted only once for the category Script and Project Development and once for the category Production and Post-production.
- Projects rejected for a production contribution can apply again for a post-production contribution, but only if the application is accompanied by a rough-cut of at least 20 minutes.
- If a project is selected, the contribution must be spent in a developing country and all distribution rights for the Benelux countries must be reserved for the Jan Vrijman Fund.
- When applying for Other Activities, the event must take place in a country on the DAC-list. Also the organizer and organization of the event must be based in a country on the DAC-list.
- The event should not take place or start within three months after the deadline.
- In the category Other Activities the following countries can not apply anymore: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico.
- Entry forms must be filled out in English, and all additional material should be in English as well. Only for applications coming from French-speaking African countries and Haiti, the Fund offers the possibility to submit the applications in French.
- The application should preferably be sent by e-mail as a file attachment. It is also possible to send the application by regular post.
- Applications must be in our office no later than on the date of the deadline. DVD’s and vimeo or you tube links can arrive until 1 week after the deadline. Make sure that the documents and additional materials are complete and clearly marked with the project title.
- Please first check our Frequently Asked Questions before emailing our office at [email protected]
NEXT DEADLINE: 15 May 2012
For further information, visit the link.