Journalism is one of the precise sector in todays world that is continuously contributing towards the development of world and people worlwide. It is the social activity that is concerned with the dissemination of news and views about the society whether its a depressing one or the greatest achievements among the world, connecting the entire world with a thread of knowledge.
Here are some open opportunities for journalists worldwide.
Click Next to visit the series.
Applications Open for the Next Round of Innovation in Development Reporting Grants!
Deadline: 2 March 2016
The European Journalism Centre(ELC) is inviting applicants for the next round of its Innovation in Development Reporting Grant Programme in order to advance creative reporting approaches, thus enabling a better coverage of international development issues.
The Innovation in Development Reporting Grant Programme was launched in January 2013 by the EJC with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The project aims to reward quality journalism and advance a new and distinctive agenda for development coverage through awarding funding to a selection of state-of-the-art reporting projects of great impact and high visibility.
The European Journalism Centre (EJC) is a non-profit international foundation with the remit to improve, strengthen, and underpin journalism and the news media. This mission has two main aspects:
- safeguarding, enhancing, and future-proofing quality journalism in Europe
- supporting initiatives towards press freedom in emerging and developing countries.
Applicants must apply for a minimum grant of €8,000.
- Journalists and relevant* media outlets that target audiences in one or more of the nine European countries mentioned above are eligible to apply
- The stories can be published in any of the official languages of the admissible countries.
- Journalists, media outlets and freelancers not based in the countries mentioned above are ONLY eligible to apply as cooperation partners of admissible organisations.
- Projects are required to address by theme, style, and presentation the general public, or large audience segments, or must effectively leverage important multipliers.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Innovative Development Reporting Grants.