1.11.1 Conflict Resolution
Whenever a dispute arises among the NGO staff, it shall be resolved in a constructive manner, i.e. the solutions shall lead to positive changes. Employees who feel unfairly treated or who have complaints about a situation or about working conditions should notify the Executive Director immediately.
1.11.2 Staff Behavior
NGO expects its employees to adopt attitudes and behavior that maintain the good image of the organization. NGO employees shall display an exemplary level of professionalism and integrity.
Furthermore, besides the usual rules every good employee needs to follow (respect, courtesy, punctuality), there are particular procedures of conduct for members of the organization which must be observed.
(1) Political Activities
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Since NGO is a non-political organization, employees shall not participate in activities of a purely political nature on work premises or during working hours. It is also prohibited to use the organization’s materials for these purposes.
(2) Discrimination and Harassment
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Under the principles established by NGO, no employee, man or woman, has the right to put pressure on another, make intimate advances, give preferential treatment or show sexual favoritism at work.
(3) Conflict of Interest
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
To avoid putting themselves in a conflict of interest with the objectives and operations pursued by NGO, employees shall respect the following guidelines:
• It is prohibited to use NGO property for illegal or unauthorized purposes.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
• It is prohibited for any NGO employee having confidential information to disclose it without express authorization beforehand.
• Employees cannot at any time accept a job from another employer if this job interferes with their work schedule and their duties and responsibilities.
• Employees shall avoid putting themselves in situations where they may gain profit or derive direct or indirect interest by influencing a contract award.
• Employees cannot solicit or accept tips, gifts, favors or other forms of gratuities for services rendered or required to be rendered in performing their duties within the organization.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
1. Purpose and Categories of Personnel…..2. Volunteers and Personnel Recruitment…..3. Appointment Letter and Staff Orientation at the NGO…..4. Employee Salary Benefits in NGOs…..5. Travel Rules & Regulations at NGO…..6. Holidays and Leave in NGOs…..7. Employee Termination Rules in NGOs…..8. Conflict Management Policy in NGOs…..9. Settling Grievance Policy in NGOs…..10. Peformance Evaluation System Policy for NGOs…..11. Policy for Annual Performance Evaluation at NGOs
More NGO Operational Policies:
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.