Deadline: 17 November 2015
European Research Council inviting applicants to provide attractive, long-term funding to support excellent investigators and their research teams to pursue ground breaking, high-gain/ high-risk research.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ERC awards are flexible, long-term funding for a period of up to five years for the Starting, Consolidator and Advanced Grants. The Scientific Council will review funding conditions regularly to make sure that grants remain competitive both at European and international level.
The grants are divided into three categories:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Starting Grant: ERC Starting Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are starting their own independent research team or programme.
- Consolidator Grant: ERC Consolidator Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they may still be consolidating their own independent research team or programme.
- Advanced Grant: Advanced Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators at the career stage at which they are already established research leaders with a recognised track record of research achievements.
- Starting Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 1 500 000 for a period of 5 years
- Consolidator Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 2 000 000 for a period of 5 years
- Advanced Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 000 for a period of 5 years
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The ERC actions are open to researchers of any nationality who intend to conduct their research activity in any Member State or Associated Country.
- Principal Investigators may be of any age and nationality and may reside in any country in the world at the time of the application. However Principal Investigators funded through the ERC frontier research grants shall spend a minimum percentage of their total working time in an EU Member State or Associated Country and a minimum percentage of their total working time on the ERC project.
- Applications may be made in any field of research.
- Starting Grant
- Consolidator Grant
- Principal Investigator shall have been awarded his/her first [PhD > 7 and ≤ 12 years prior to 1 January 2016]
How to Apply
Applicants may apply via website provided on the PDF.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please download this PDF.