Deadline: 2 June 2015
The Federal Ministry of Education & Research in Germany is accepting applications from Master’s or PhD students of age upto 32 years for its Green Talents programme 2015. The program offers the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of leading German institutions & experts. Selected applicants will have the opportunity to return to Germany for up to three months to conduct a scientific stay at an institute of their choice the year after the science forum.
The first part of the prize consists of an invitation to a two-week science forum in Germany, where applicants will be introduced to renowned research facilities and have individual meetings with experts (individual appointments). The applicant will learn about potential collaborations and experience the country’s excellent research infrastructure at close hand. In addition, a workshop on research and funding opportunities will provide with further information for the future research stay in Germany. The journey will culminate within a festive award ceremony hosted by a high-level representative from the BMBF.
- When selected as a “Green Talent”, applicants will be invited to a two-week science forum in Germany (expected to take place in October/November 2015). BMBF will cover the travel expenses (to/from Germany and during the trip) as well as meals and accommodation during the forum.
- Return flights to Germany and a monthly allowance will be provided during the research stay. This allowance is intended to support accommodation, insurance, food and daily needs.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolment on or completion of a Master’s degree programme or higher (Master´s/PhD) with significantly above-average grades at the time of application.
- Individuals with Master’s and PhD are eligible to apply.
- Excellent proven command of English.
- Up to 32 years of age (at the time of application).
- A non-German citizen or anyone not residing in Germany (German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary therefore are not eligible to apply).
- Applicants can choose from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.
How to Apply
- Applications can only be submitted via online tool available on the website.
- Applicants first have to register for the Green Talents 2015 online.
- Applicants are required to upload a letter of recommendation or expert opinion focusing on applicant’s career as a scientist and activities until now (letter must be in English and should not be older than 6 months).
- Furthermore, applicants will be required to provide their latest academic qualification transcripts as well as a proof of their English language skills.
More information about this Foundation is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…