Deadline: 17 May 2016
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), an agency of U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is inviting applicants for Aquaculture Research Competitive Grants Program to support the development of an environmentally and economically sustainable aquaculture industry in the U.S. by generating new science-based information and technology to address industry constraints.
Results of projects supported by this program are intended to help improve the profitability of the U.S. aquaculture industry, reduce the U.S. trade deficit, increase domestic food security, provide markets for U.S.- produced products, increase domestic aquaculture business investment opportunities, and provide more jobs for rural and coastal America.
Program Area Priorities
- Genetics of commercial aquaculture species;
- Critical disease issues impacting aquaculture species;
- Design of environmentally and economically sustainable aquaculture production systems;
- Economic research for increasing aquaculture profitability
- Applications may only be submitted by State agricultural experiment stations, all colleges and universities, other research institutions and organizations, Federal agencies, private organizations or corporations, and individuals for the purpose of conducting research, extension, or education activities to facilitate or expand promising breakthroughs in areas of the food and agricultural sciences of importance to the United States.
- Award recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project.
- Failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the time of application deadline may result in the application being excluded from consideration or, even though an application may be reviewed, will preclude NIFA from making an award.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Interested applicants must submit their application packages electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Aquaculture Research.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.