Deadline: 1 May 2016
Applications are open for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships (SSS) programme. The scholarships are designed to support the promotion of Scotland as a learning nation and a science nation and targeted at the priority sectors of creative industries, life sciences, technology, financial services and renewable and clean energy.
Priority Subject Areas
- Arts and Humanities
- Clean and Renewable Energy
- Communications, Media and Culture
- Earth Sciences
- Financial Services
- Music and the Performing Arts
- Physical and Life Sciences
The scheme offers up to 100 awards, each worth £4,000 towards the tuition fees of successful applicants.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Pakistan, USA or the People’s Republic of China (Hong Kong also being eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course before an application can be considered.
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- The course must be an undergraduate, Masters or PhD level course in one of the following broad subject areas (mentioned above).
- Courses must be full time and delivered in Scotland. Online, distance learning or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Saltire Scholarships.