Deadline: Different for different Courses
German Academic Exchange Service, Deutscher Akademisher Austausch Dienst (DAAD) is inviting applications for scholarship in Post graduate courses for professionals in developing countries at German Institutions of Higher Education. These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide young, academically-trained professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
Types of Courses
- Tropical Forestry
- Tropical and International Forestry
- International Agribusiness and Rural Development
- Peace and Conflict Studies
Course in Tropical Forestry
The Master’s course in Tropical Forestry by Technische Universität Dresden (TU Dresden) educates and qualifies executives and research experts for the development of scientifically based, innovative and sustainable management concepts for natural forests, forest plantations, agroforestry systems and urban green spaces as well as for supervision of their implementation and monitoring. The course program is designed to qualify graduates to meet the standards required for careers in governmental and nongovernmental organizations, as well as enterprises on national and international levels.
Duration of Course
12-24 months for a Master’s degree for the academic year 2016-2017.
Graduates in forestry science or other related scientific disciplines (e.g., agriculture, biology, environment, and social sciences) with at least two years of work experience.
- Applicant working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) in forestry science or other subjects relevant to the postgraduate course.
- Applicant must have at least two years of experience in the field of forestry.
- Academic degrees of the applicant should normally not be more than six years old.
- Applicant must have a English certificate.
- Applications from Cameroon and Nigeria must be submitted via German Embassy. Application deadline at German Embassy is 31 July 2015.
- Applications sent via e-mail to the DAAD cannot be considered during the selection process.
- Scholarships cannot be awarded without the official DAAD application form.
Course in Tropical and International Forestry
Deadline: 15 October 2015
The Master’s course in Tropical and International Forestry is being offered by the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen. The university is an internationally accredited research university and part of a worldwide network of science and learning.
Duration of course
24 months and duration of German language course prior to beginning of program is 2 months (for students awarded a DAAD scholarship).
Graduates in forestry or other related disciplines (e.g. agriculture, biology).
- Applicant must have a degree (B.Sc.) in forestry or other subjects relevant to the postgraduate course.
- Applicant must have English TOEFL (550 PBT, 215 CBT, 80 iBT) or IELTS (Band 6) – certificate.
- Applicants must have at least two years of career experience are needed for a successful application for a DAAD scholarship.
More information available at this link.