Deadline: 1 January 2015
Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is now inviting applications from students in Europe. Google is committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for Computer Science students with disabilities. Google in partnership with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization, is seeking to assist students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
The scholars of the Google Scholarship for Students with Disabilities will receive €7,000 as scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s academic background, leadership skills and demonstrated passion for Computer Science.
- The candidate must be either be currently enrolled at a university in Europe or must be intending to get enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe for the 2015-2016 academic year
- The candidate must be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical ﬁeld.
- Maintain a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology
- Have a disability (deﬁned as a long-term or recurring issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider a daily function).
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application through EmployAbility which includes:
- General background information
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions
- A reference letter
- Responses to essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
For more information, please visit: Google Europe Scholarship.