Deadline: 18 December 2015
Applications are open for Masters in Cooperation and Development Scholarships Programme 2016. The Master C&D is part of the CDN, an International network of post-graduate educational programs active in Italy (Pavia), Colombia (Cartagena de Indias), Palestine (Bethlehem), Nepal (Kathmandu) and Kenya (Nairobi).
The Scholarship is addressed to applicants from the following geographical areas: Balkans, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Mediterranean Basin. The objective of the action is to train one development professional coming from those geographical areas in order to strengthen the capacity to operate in an international dimension. The residential part of the program takes place at University of Pavia and Institute of Advance Studies IUSS headquarter.
Priority will be given to applicants belonging to specific disadvantaged groups (e.g. lower income backgrounds, ethnic minorities, refugees, people with disabilities).
Balkans, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Mediterranean Basin
About the Programme
- The Master Program in Cooperation and Development-C&D aims at training professionals in the field of international cooperation through a highly qualified academic and professional training. Students have the possibility of studying in a multidisciplinary and multiethnic environment inside one of the oldest University systems in Europe.
- Students are prepared to work in institutions like Non-Governmental Organizations, International Organizations, Governmental Bureaus, Research Centers, other Public or Private Institutions.
- The Master C&D is a master universitario di secondo livello according to the Italian National Higher Education System, namely a Post-Graduate Program fully taught in English. The program started in November 2015 and will finish in January 2017, providing more than 500 hours of teaching delivered by academicians, international professionals and experts.
The scholarship includes:
- Total exemption from tuition fees;
- Free accommodation provided at university campus for the whole residential period;
- Contribution for food expenses for the whole residential period;
- Return ticket from and to the country of origin;
- Return ticket from and to the country where the internship will take place;
- Substantial contribution for the maintenance expenses during the internship period
- The candidate must be a professional coming from Balkans, Eastern Europe, Mediterranean basin and Middle East (ref. Office III of the DG-Cooperation and Development, MAECI).
- The candidate is required to be graduated in any major (holding an Italian Laurea Magistrale or a comparable foreign degree).
- Mastery of English is a mandatory requirement.
- Priority will be given to applicants belonging to specific disadvantaged groups (e.g. lower income backgrounds, ethnic minorities, refugees, people with disabilities).
How to Apply
All the applications will have to be sent by email and must include:
- motivation letter (maximum 300 words)
- curriculum vitae
- one (maximum two) reference letters
- transcript of academic records
- certificate attesting English proficiency
- a copy of passport (or identity card)
For more information, please visit Development Scholarships 2015.