MA Students: 1 April 2016
Phd Students: 31 January 2016
The Asian Sphere is offering a unique opportunity for outstanding candidates, at the MA and PhD level, to enroll in a multidisciplinary and inter-university graduate program that deals with the Asian continent.
The Asian Sphere is a joint Israeli program between the University of Haifa and the Hebrew University, funded by the Humanities Fund of the Planning and Budgeting Committee of the Council for Higher Education in Israel (VATAT) and Yad Hanadiv.
- Scholarships for MA students are in the amount of 10,000-20,000 NIS per year for two years, depending on the candidate’s scholastic achievement.
- The scholarship for PhD students are in the amount of 60,000 NIS per year + full tuition for three years.
- Doctoral students must participate in at least three of the program’s interdisciplinary seminars and actively participate in the program yearly academic retreat as well as other activities of the program.
- Annual renewal of the scholarship will depend on demonstrated progress of the Asian Sphere Program fellows and on continued recommendation of their thesis supervisor.
- To pass from the first to the second year, Ph.D students will have to participate in at least two of the program’s seminars, successfully write at least one seminar paper, complete their Ph.D. proposal which will be approved by their advisor(s).
- To pass from the second to the third year, Ph.D. students will have to submit a report with regard to their academic progress and complete at least one chapter of their dissertation approved by their advisor(s).
- D. students will be encouraged to submit research articles to refereed journals and required to present at least one paper in an international conference held during either the second or the third year of the program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their application forms at the address, given on the website.
For more information, please visit Asian Sphere Scholarship.