The innovative Women Deliver conferences in 2007 and 2010 were the biggest of the decade to emphasize on the health and empowerment of girls and women. In 2010, we convened more than 3,400 people from 146 countries in Washington, DC, including 75 parliamentarians and government ministers, five UN agency heads, the UN Secretary-General and more than 250 global media outlets. The third global conference will be even bigger and better, with more than 5,000 public and private sector participants expected from around the world. Our main aim is to mobilize action to improve the health and well-being of girls and women everywhere.
The conference is offering full conference support to a select number of participants to maximize participation from those traditionally under-represented, namely young people and those from the Global South. This support includes conference registration, round-trip economy class airfare, hotel accommodations and a fixed stipend for visa fees and other incidentals.
Scholarship winners must:
- Attend the conference in its entirety
- Be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing. We will have translation available at plenary sessions, but this will not be possible for all breakout sessions
- Have regular access to email, as that will be our way of communicating with you about deadlines, registration, and hotel and travel arrangements
- Possess an interest in global development issues
- Conduct them in a professional manner
Application deadline: April 15, 2012 (12 pm EST)
For further information, visit the link.