Deadline: 25 November 2015
Scottish International Development Organisations can now apply for funding through three years of the Scottish Government’s International Development Small Grants Programme 2015. This will distribute approximately £500,000 in 2016 to support projects that help some of the world’s poorest countries and fit within the Scottish Government’s International Development Policy.
Eligible projects must be focused in one of the Scottish Government’s priority countries, contribute to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (and the post-2015 Framework in due course), and the alleviation of poverty and economic growth in the priority countries below.
Incorporated not-for-profit organisations which have a presence in Scotland and an annual turnover of less than £150,000 are eligible to apply.
Maximum of £60,000 for project grants over a three year period or a maximum of £10,000 for feasibility and capacity building grants, over one year.
Small grants will be limited to those applications focusing on the Scottish Government’s 7 priority countries:
- Bangladesh; and
- the 3 Indian States of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Orissa.
Small grants will only be awarded for activities in relation to the following Scottish Government priority themes:
- sustainable economic development;
- civic governance and society;
- food security;
- renewable energy;
- climate change; and
- Applicant organisations must satisfy two conditions :
- they must be established as not for profit and
- constitute a “legal person”, meaning it is legally constituted and can enter into a contract. Ideally, applicants will be Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (“SCIOs”) or companies that have charitable status.
- Unincorporated organisations, even with charitable status, are not eligible to apply. However, if you are in the process of becoming incorporated you may submit an application by the closing date of 25th November and, providing that incorporation is in place by 31st December 2015, the application will be accepted for consideration.
- Applicants must be able to evidence in their application a presence in Scotland;
- Applicants must have an annual expenditure of £150,000 or less (upper limit in each of the last 2 years);
- Organisations applying must have been in existence for a minimum of 12 months at the time of applyingand have audited/examined accounts for that year;
- Applicants may only apply for one type of grant (project grant / feasibility / capacity building grant) in each annual funding call;
- The Scottish Government will not award funding directly to other Governments or to individual representatives of other Governments.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form available on the website and must send it via email.
For more information, please visit Scottish Small Grants Programme.