The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) is calling for applications for its 7 training programmes on Women empowerment and development of the society. SIDA offers Advanced International Training Programmes of strategic importance to the social and economic development in the participants’ countries.
SIDA offers Training program on Women, Peace and Security
Deadline: 1 December 2014
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) calls for applications for the training program on Women, peace and Security in Stockholm Sweden in the months of April and November 2015.
This training is conducted UNSCR 1325. UNSCR 1325 was a milestone in international efforts to end gender blindness and marginalization of women in post conflict peace and security operations. SIDA covers the candidate’s participation fee and accommodation fee along with travel expenses. A maximum of 25 applicants are admitted every year.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UNSCR 1325 Women, Peace and Security, and related concepts, methods and tools.
- Increased understanding and ability to initiate organizational change processes.
- Sharing experience through international and national networks.
- Introductory phase to develop a concept note
- Three weeks training in Sweden
- Interim period (6 months) to develop the project assign
- Regional follow-up, 2 weeks
- Continuation of the project assignment
- Applicants from the following countries may apply: Colombia, DRC, Georgia, Liberia and South Sudan.
- The candidate can be a professional from any Government organisation or NGO.
How to Apply?
- Fill in the attached application form which can be downloaded on the SIDA Website.
- Write a Concept note of 1-3 pages stating the project analysis and introduction of the organization.
- Submit the application form and concept note to the Swedish Embassy in the applicant’s country or send it via email.
For more information, please visit: SIDA UNSCR 1325.