Deadline: 16 April 2016
Smart Villages and the Cambridge Development Initiative (CDI) are currently inviting applications from young aspiring East African entrepreneurs for the Energy Innovation Challenge 2016, in order to support their ideas for social businesses that can run on off-grid energy.
The possible areas to be considered include (but are not limited to):
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Mobile-phone-based businesses
- Innovative methods of agriculture processing or storage
- Waste management and sanitation
- Ideas for improvements to education or healthcare.
Finalists will win a spot in the seven-week DAREnterprisers course and the opportunity to develop business skills, build their network, meet peers for collaboration and win $3000 start-up capital.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Individuals and teams of up to three people may apply for this competition. Applicants must be:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- A current student or recent graduate (within two years) at an East African university or higher learning institution.
- Students across all areas of study are invited to apply. This is a youth entrepreneurship competition and applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply. Gender balance may also be considered during assessment. As teamwork is a key element to the success of a business, priority will be given to teams of two or three people ahead of individuals. Individuals may apply and may be chosen if their idea is particularly promising and scores highly across other selection categories.
- Current students may be eligible to receive practical training credit. Students from outside Ardhi, DIT and UDSM will need to contact their universities directly to confirm.
How to Apply
The contest is divided into two phases.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Idea generation and application
- Training and development
Applicants are required to submit an application form with their details and proposed idea through an online process.
For more information, please visit Energy Innovation Challenge 2016.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.