Deadline: 23 May 2016
The Mekong Region Land Governance (MRLG) supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Luxembourg Government Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (MFEA) has announced its 2nd Call for Innovation Fund proposals.
The purpose of innovative project proposals must align with the MRLG project goal to pursue multi-stakeholder collaborations that will improve the tenure security of family farmers in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Viet Nam (CLMV). These should address this goal through a focus on land rights and customary tenure recognition; regulation of large scale land acquisition and responsible land-based investments.
- The Innovation Fund (IF) grant window will provide project funding to a maximum of US$250,000 with up to 2 years implementation.
- To support innovative proposals, MLRG prefers submissions that propose a 2-phased approach. The first phase used as a project incubation small grant up to US$75,000 over 6 months to design, plan and mobilize project activities that are then implemented in phase 2 for the remainder period, up to 2 years. A total inclusive budget of US$ 250,000 is possible (total budget and period includes the small grant). The 2nd Phase design will be subject to Project Steering Committee approval.
- The 2nd MRLG Call offers new opportunities through Small Grants with funding up to a maximum of US$ 75,000 for 2 year implementation period.
Dates for 2106 Proposal Process
- 24 March Publication of Call for Proposal
- 23 May Deadline for submission of Concept Notes
- 24 May – 05 August Review and Evaluation Period
- 08 August Invitation to submit full proposal for shortlisted projects
- 16 September Deadline for Submission of Full Proposal (single phase projects)
- Deadline for submission of Detailed Activity and Budget Plan for 2-Phase Projects
- 30 October Selection and Approval of IF Grants (indicative timing)
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The government institutions, private sector organizations or other organizations jointly implementing with government and/or private sector organizations are eligible to apply.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Viet Nam (CLMV)
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
All IF grant proposals must identify a lead organization as main proponent. Joint proposals are strongly encouraged and desired.
The following are the basic eligibility requirements for the IF Grant Fund Application:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Completeness of documents submitted
- Signed Letter expressing intent to apply for the IF Grant,
- IF Grant Concept Note (maximum 6 pages, strict limit)
- Signed Proponents Commitment of Partnership and Accountability Undertaking (signed by all partners to the proposal)
- Lead Organization’s Registration Documents (not necessary if the lead is a government agency)
- Documented track record of the applicant in managing and implementing projects of the size proposed.
Proposals must be written in English and submitted electronically via email.
For more information, please visit MRLG Grant 2016.