Deadline: 15 January 2016
M-cult is seeking applications for its Collaborative Arts and Media Projects which is open for both international and Finnish artists who work with participation, collaboration and media. The projects are realized within the Collaborative Art Partnership Programme and enabled by the support of Creative Europe and Helsinki City Cultural Office. In 2016, following residencies will be produced
- 2 full residencies (2 months)
- 3-4 mini residencies (2 weeks)
The main focus of the residencies is on collaborative media art. M-Cult is especially welcoming socially engaged or public art projects that relate to digital media or technology as tool, platform or concept. M-Cult is delighted to receive proposals that are multidisciplinary and combine practices of visual, sound or performing arts.
M-cult works to develop and promote new forms of media art and digital culture, with a focus on cultural and social innovations of digital media and technology. Their activity covers the fields of media and electronic art, community media and open source culture.
M-cult is especially interested in art projects that:
- engage with people, communities or institutions in Helsinki in creation of the work
- use media / digital technology in an inventive, collaborative way
- The selected artists receive a fee of 4000 € (full residency) / 1000 € (mini residency).
- Accommodation is provided and travel costs are covered for artists coming from outside of Helsinki.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications via electronic form provided on the website.
For more information, please visit Collaborative Arts and Media Projects.