Do you have an Innovative Solution to the Current Global Challenges? If yes, then submit your applications for the GIF Grants of $15 Million. Before proceeding, please check your Eligibility and application process below.
- Anyone can apply, including teams from social enterprises, for-profit companies, non-profit organisations, government agencies, international organisations, and researchers in any country.
- The team may involve a coalition of organisations if this is helpful to bring in the skills needed to develop, test and scale your innovation. In such cases, the lead organisation that will be responsible for managing funds from GIF should apply.
- GIF does not typically fund the following types of projects:
- Traditional development projects or approaches that are similar to current practices (e.g. building schools, drilling wells, or delivering other goods and services to the poor through commonly used methods)
- Innovations that are applicable to very specific, narrow contexts and/or lack potential to have meaningful social impacts on a large scale (e.g. potential to reach millions of people)
- Basic scientific research (e.g. laboratory research)
- Plans to expand private businesses in developing countries without demonstrable potential to achieve significant social impacts (e.g. reducing poverty)
- Religious activities (e.g., building a church). Note: Religious organizations conducting activities with broader development goals are welcome to apply, however.
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis, with no specific deadline to apply.
- All applicants must begin the application process by submitting an Initial Application through GIF’s online Application Portal.
- Initial Application includes a short online form and either a document (2-4 pages) OR a slide deck (8-12 slides e.g. in Powerpoint). Applicants are also welcome to submit a video (maximum 8 minutes) as an optional addition to the application.
- Initial applications will be reviewed by GIF staff and the most promising applicants will be invited to move on to the next phase.
For more information, please visit GIF Applications.