Deadline: 11 December 2015
Bournemouth University (BU) Higher Education Corporation is currently inviting applications from students, a professionals, an artists, a writers, a developers, a designers to develop new digital ideas for its New Media Writing Prize 2015 Competition.
The New Media Writing Prize showcases exciting and inventive stories that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media.
The New Media Writing Prize are looking for good storytelling (fiction or non-fiction) written specifically for delivery and reading/viewing on a PC or Mac, the web, or a hand-held device such as an iPad or mobile phone. It could be a short story, novel, poem, documentary or transmedia work using words, images, film or animation with audience interaction.
Prizes & Awards
There are four prizes for 2015 –
- Main Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK.
- Student Prize: 3 months paid internship at Unicorn Training, Bournemouth, UK, working with Unicorn’s writing and design team.
- The Dot Award: £500 to get a new project started. Donated by if:book UK.
- People’s Choice Prize: a cheque for £500. Donated by SeaSalt Learning. The winner chosen by the voting public.
- Anyone can apply! Whether they’re a student, a professional, an artist, a writer, a developer, a designer or an enthusiast, the competition is open to all.
- Applications will be judged as per the following criteria:
- Innovative use of new (digital) media/ transmedia to create an engaging, satisfying narrative, or poem, or as-yet-unspecified form. Fiction or non-fiction.
- Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer.
- Effective use of interactive elements.
- A great example of how new media can do things traditional media can’t.
- The potential to reach out to a wide audience (i.e. not just specialist interest groups).
- One person can submit more than one entry provided each entry is submitted separately.
- It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK.
How to Apply
Applicants must send it via email available on the website.
For more information, please visit BU.