Deadline: 31 July 2015
UN-Habitat and the International Ecological Safety Collaboration Organization (IESCO) supported by China Development Orient Urban Development and Investment Company Limited (“CDB-ORIENT”), a major private sector organization in China have jointly launched a biennial Youth Innovation Awards Programme to attract, support and inspire some of the most innovative, high-impact young innovators and entrepreneurs in a number of countries in Africa and Asia. The Award aims to recognize and celebrate young men and women throughout the world who have developed innovative programmes, practices, activities and solutions to the social, economic, political and environmental challenges facing human kind today.
The Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award is open to young people aged between 18 and 32, primarily from the developing countries.
The 5 categories span the breadth of the Award and are judged by the steering Committee and panel of expert judges in their field. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Youth Leadership,
- Green inventions and Innovations,
- Urban Ecological Safety,
- Youth Entrepreneurship, and
- Social and cultural innovations.
The winners are awarded a monetary prize: The total amount of the prize pool is USD 200,000 distributed among five categories. The Award will consist of
- A cash grant of $ 20,000 for the winner (Up to 2 winners for each category)
- The prize also consists of a trophy and;
- A certificate jointly issued by UN-Habitat and IESCO and CDB Orient
- The Award winners will also be invited
- to share their innovations and initiatives at the relevant UN-Habitat/IESCO/CDB Orient meetings and conferences;
- to provide information about award winning innovations on the UN-Habitat and IESCO websites;
- Launch of Innovation Award 21 April 2015
- Deadline for submission of the Project 31th July 2015
- Shortlist of submissions by the Secretariat June to August 15 2015
- Steering Committee selects the Winners September 2015
- Youth Innovation Award Winners announced September 2015
- Awards Ceremony October 2015
- The Award is open to all Young women and men between 15 and 32 years from developing countries .
- Applicant’s organization must be a youth led for-profit and or nonprofit organization, or a business or entity that aims to improve youth livelihoods and better serve their communities with accomplishment in any of the above Award Categories.
- Young women and men can also be nominated as individuals for the Award for their achievements.
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the website. Completely filled applications must be send via email.
For more information, please visit UN Habitat Youth Award.