Deadline: 10 June 2015
Are you passionate about promoting religious and cultural harmony? Then apply for ACWAY programme!
A Common Word Among the Youth (ACWAY) is a global initiative that will be led by young people, of different faiths to build bridges of co-existence by means of dialogue and action. The programme is fully funded and includes several training courses, international conferences and civic activities to immerse participants in knowledge and action around cultural and religious diversity.
The ACWAY programme aims to develop a network of young people who will organize grassroot activities and become agents of change for a better environment of co-existence and harmony among people of different religions and cultures.
It is expected to be filmed as part of a TV documentary series to be aired on satellite TV for millions of viewers to be inspired and get involved. The first training programme and conference will be from 4-9th September 2015 in Rabat, Morocco.
- ACWAY will select and train a diverse group of 100 young people from around the globe, representing the world’s religions and cultures to become advocates of co-existence and harmony. The training course will be delivered by The KAICIID Dialogue Centre.
- There will be social activities arranged during some evenings; these are designed to provide an informal opportunity for networking and cultural exchange, and to meet a range of people. Training course: 4-8th September 2015(arrival on the 4th and Course begins on the morning of the 5th September) The Conference will be on the 9th September 2015Departure will be on the 10th September
- Training course will run from 4-8th September 2015(arrival on the 4th and Course begins on the morning of the 5th September) The Conference will be on the 9th September 2015Departure will be on the 10th September.
Participants are expected to:
- Deliver a series of community-based activities over a six-month period.
- Attend the international conferences (at least 2) which will be attended by renowned religious figures, international business leaders, policy makers, politicians, NGOs and the media.
- Attend further training organised as part of the project.
- Write a personalised Action Plan.
All-expenses that includes several training courses, two international conferences, civic activities, a TV documentary and the opportunity to be a part of a unique global network of young people will be covered during the programme.
Applicants can be young people aged 18-35 from anywhere around the world.
How to Apply
- Applicants can apply through the online portal on the website.
- Applicant organizations can also nominate participants submitting the nomination form available on the website.
For more information, please visit ACW Call.