Deadline: 11 April 2016
Wageningen UR Center for Development Innovation (CDI) is currently accepting applications for its short term course on Media design for social change to be conducted from 23 May 2016 to 3 June 2016 in the Netherlands. International mid-career professionals and change agents in the field of rural development who are the staff of development programmes, government and NGOs active in agriculture and rural development are encouraged to apply for the course.
This course provides a new look on how to use graphics, text and visuals in media for social change. Participants will gain insight into key concepts of media, arts and creative industries and learn how to become a competent and inspiring partner in commissioning and monitoring media production and using creativity and media in learning and change processes.
Participants will apply the new concepts in a commissioned media production. They will experience the dynamics of the media production process and study its stages: developing and negotiating a brief, pre-production, production, post-production, distribution. The different roles and responsibilities of commissioners, producers and artists will be discussed.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Be able to use concepts and models to improve media design and production
- Be able to critically analyze media in development processes
- Have deepened your understanding of the media production process
- Have practiced and improved your visual literacy skills
- Have practiced the use of creativity to support change processes
- Understand the processes of conceptualization and design.
- International mid-career professionals and change agents in the field of rural development: staff of development programmes, government and NGOs active in agriculture and rural development are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must have proficiency in English language.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online through the website.
For more information, please visit Media Design Short Course.