MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation with The A. Ofri International Training Center & UNESCO invite professionals to participate in the International Course on Educational Methodologies Youth At-Risk: Preventing Student Dropouts and Facilitating Reintegration to be conducted from March 6th– April 6th, 2016.
The course will be held at the A. Ofri International Training Center, situated in the Ramat Rachel Hotel on the outskirts of Jerusalem.
The course aims
To train participants to successfully:
- Create a relationship of mutual trust with youth in order to enable their reintegration into the educational system.
- Help individual youths develop and realize their potential so that they may help themselves and their society.
- Reduce alienation from the community and society.
- Plan educational services and interventions for youths ages 12-18 considered at-risk according to the following characteristics:
- Detached youths who do not study or work in a formal or informal educational framework
- Working youth who do not have a supportive educational framework
- Youth at-risk who commit open or clandestine crimes
- High-risk youth needing individual and ongoing support in areas including completing their education, job placement, and personal and social skills
- Raise multicultural awareness in those working toward the advancement of disadvantaged youth.
- Provide tools and guidelines for curricular development.
- Advance teaching methods for specific subject matter (such as science and language), as well as interdisciplinary subject areas.
- Train and advance educational staff and support them in sustaining their duties and promoting their programs.
- Enable participants to choose the methods and tools suitable to the particular needs of their
- Provide a basis for future training activities according to the needs of the different countries and institutions.
- Latest concepts, methods, and tools for educational staff training
- Model of the Pluralistic Identity
- Models of Multicultural Education
- Programs designed to implement the compulsory education law for detached youth who are not integrated into formal educational frameworks, including special programs for youth in protective institutions and prisons
- Humanistic Mathematics as a Tool of Educational Insertion
- Science and Technology Projects as a Tool for Educational Insertion
- Education towards completion of certificates on various high school grade levels, within the framework of compensatory centers operated in cooperation with local authorities
- The development of social skills, practical skills and leadership
- Special seminars on civic education
- The training of special educational personnel to work with youth at-risk
- Computerized information centers to provide services for youth, locally and nationally
- Complementary education for school-excluded youth: An Evaluation Study – “From Exclusion to Inclusion”
- Improving awareness in teachers of disadvantaged students
- Ways and means designed to assist latent school dropouts
- Correlation between cultural gaps and learning perseverance level
- The influence of achievement, motivation and aspiration on learning processes
- Prevention of violent behavior among school students through the advancement of youth programs
- Education to prevent use of drugs and alcohol
- Sexual education
Who can Apply?
High-level educational staff, at the regional or national level, dealing with the target population
- School principals, counselors, supervisors
- Lecturers at teacher training institutions
- Researchers in relevant fields
How to Apply
Application forms and other information can be obtained at the nearest Israeli mission or at MASHAV’s website. Completed application forms, including the medical form, should be sent to the relevant Israeli mission in the respective country.
MASHAV awards a limited number of scholarships. The scholarship covers the cost of the training program including lectures and field visits, full board accommodation in double rooms (two participants per room), health insurance and transfers to and from the airport. Medical insurance covers medical services and hospitalization in case of emergency.
For more information about this course, please download this PDF.