Deadline: 11 April 2016
Wageningen UR Center for Development Innovation (CDI) will conduct short term course “Integrated seed sector development” from 23 May 2016 to 10 June 2016 in the Netherlands. Researchers, managers, policy makers and practitioners, working in a field related to seed sector development, employed by public, private, civil society, research, education and/or development organizations are encouraged to participate in the short course.
Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) recognises the relevance of formal and informal systems and aims to balance public and private sector involvement.
In this course participants can broaden their international experience and strengthen their competencies to support seed sector development, taking an integrated perspective. The overall objective of the programme is to enhance the capabilities to translate the ISSD concept into strategies for making seed programmes and policies that seek enhancement by connecting to present practices. The training is experience-based and task-oriented and highly interactive. It includes lectures, visits to different Dutch seed companies and organisations, case studies, group discussions, assignments and field work.
Upon completion of the course participants will
- Be able to support farmer groups in taking an entrepreneurial approach towards seed production and trade
- Know how to strengthen private and public functions in seed sector development
- Know how to address through partnerships and innovation institutional bottlenecks in the seed sector
- Understand how international agreements impact on domestic seed policies, seed laws and regulatory frameworks;
- Understand the opportunities for putting the ISSD-concept into practice in your own work context.
- Researchers, managers, policy makers and practitioners, working in a field related to seed sector development, employed by public, private, civil society, research, education and/or development organizations are encouraged to participate in the short course.
- Applicants should have MSc degree and have at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applications can be accessed online through the website. Applicants must first have to create an account on the website and register themselves for the course.
For more information, please visit CDI Course ISSD.