MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation & The Aharon Ofri MASHAV International Educational Training Center (METC) invites professionals to participate in the International Course on “Education for Science and Technology and ICT in Education” to be conducted between May 22nd– June 10th, 2016.
Instant access to knowledge has opened new windows of opportunity for students, teachers, and the general public alike. Communication has become much faster in the global world, and this demands that society keeps pace with advances and progress. Under these circumstances, the educational system must reassess its methodologies, theories, and paradigms in order to be able to meet the needs of the modern world.
This brief review indicates that two issues are fundamental to ICT and Education for Science and Technology:
- What contribution can Education for Science and Technology make with respect to preparing students for their personal and working lives?
- What strategies can we employ in order to enhance the development and adaptation of ICT with regard to education in general, the propagation of ICT, and the use of science and technology within the educational system?
The Israeli Ministry of Education has concluded with respect to these two questions that:
- ICT is set to become the medium of education for the foreseeable future and will change many aspects of the educational system during the 21st century.
- The goals outlined above should be introduced into the educational system as part of a national plan based on a holistic and systematic understanding of the role of science, technology, and ICT in education.
The Course aims
- To analyze the place and role of education for science and technology within national development
- To acquaint the participants with new concepts, methods, and tools regarding education for science and technology
- To present various educational projects and curriculum models used in Israel (including policy-making, didactic and administrative aspects and teacher training courses.)
- To share and exchange experiences and knowledge gained in the participants’ countries of origin
- To adapt the teaching environment to new approaches of science and technology
- To elaborate on the concept of ICT in education
- To acquaint participants with a variety of learning methods and applications
- To enable the participants to maximize the benefits of using ICT in teaching and learning
Fields of Study
- Policies in Science and Technology Teaching: How to adapt science teaching planning to the socio-economic realities of the country
- Study and discussion about different areas and curriculum models in science and technology teaching
- The use of teaching aids from simple and low cost materials to modern and sophisticated instruments
- Teachers’ training – needs, policy and realities
- Computers in Education
Who can Apply
High-level educational staff, regional or national, lecturers at teacher training institutions, school principals, counselors, or supervisors, and researchers in relevant fields.
How to Apply
Application forms and other information can be obtained at the nearest Israeli mission or at MASHAV’s website. Completed application forms, including the medical form, should be sent to the relevant Israeli mission in the respective country.
MASHAV awards a limited number of scholarships. The scholarship covers the cost of the training program including lectures and field visits, full board accommodation in double rooms (two participants per room), health insurance and transfers to and from the airport. Medical insurance covers medical services and hospitalization in case of emergency.
For more information about this course, please download this PDF.