MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation & The Aharon Ofri MASHAV International Educational Training Center (METC) invites professionals to participate in the International Course on “Education for Science and Technology and ICT in Education” to be conducted between May 22nd– June 10th, 2016.
Instant access to knowledge has opened new windows of opportunity for students, teachers, and the general public alike. Communication has become much faster in the global world, and this demands that society keeps pace with advances and progress. Under these circumstances, the educational system must reassess its methodologies, theories, and paradigms in order to be able to meet the needs of the modern world.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This brief review indicates that two issues are fundamental to ICT and Education for Science and Technology:
- What contribution can Education for Science and Technology make with respect to preparing students for their personal and working lives?
- What strategies can we employ in order to enhance the development and adaptation of ICT with regard to education in general, the propagation of ICT, and the use of science and technology within the educational system?
The Israeli Ministry of Education has concluded with respect to these two questions that:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- ICT is set to become the medium of education for the foreseeable future and will change many aspects of the educational system during the 21st century.
- The goals outlined above should be introduced into the educational system as part of a national plan based on a holistic and systematic understanding of the role of science, technology, and ICT in education.
The Course aims
- To analyze the place and role of education for science and technology within national development
- To acquaint the participants with new concepts, methods, and tools regarding education for science and technology
- To present various educational projects and curriculum models used in Israel (including policy-making, didactic and administrative aspects and teacher training courses.)
- To share and exchange experiences and knowledge gained in the participants’ countries of origin
- To adapt the teaching environment to new approaches of science and technology
- To elaborate on the concept of ICT in education
- To acquaint participants with a variety of learning methods and applications
- To enable the participants to maximize the benefits of using ICT in teaching and learning
Fields of Study
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Policies in Science and Technology Teaching: How to adapt science teaching planning to the socio-economic realities of the country
- Study and discussion about different areas and curriculum models in science and technology teaching
- The use of teaching aids from simple and low cost materials to modern and sophisticated instruments
- Teachers’ training – needs, policy and realities
- Computers in Education
Who can Apply
High-level educational staff, regional or national, lecturers at teacher training institutions, school principals, counselors, or supervisors, and researchers in relevant fields.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
How to Apply
Application forms and other information can be obtained at the nearest Israeli mission or at MASHAV’s website. Completed application forms, including the medical form, should be sent to the relevant Israeli mission in the respective country.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
MASHAV awards a limited number of scholarships. The scholarship covers the cost of the training program including lectures and field visits, full board accommodation in double rooms (two participants per room), health insurance and transfers to and from the airport. Medical insurance covers medical services and hospitalization in case of emergency.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information about this course, please download this PDF.