- 1st February 2013 for VLIR-UOS- applicants
- 15th of May 2013 for all those applicants who will need a study visa
The purpose of this project is to train and disseminate knowledge and know how to participants, working for governmental, research or non profit organisations in the agri food chain and carry responsibility within the control of different aspects of food safety in developing countries. The main subjects, microbiological, chemical and physical hazards, in food safety are intensively reviewed. Participants will be trained to manage the possible measures of the hazards specified by (inter)national legislation, (Codex Alimentarius) guidelines, quality assurance standards/systems (e.g. Pre Requisite Programs, HACCP, ISO 22000, Global Gap). Risk Analysis, as basic methodology to take policy/management decisions, is an important subject in this training. Focus is made on both agricultural and industrial level. The training should take 4 months and will be organised on a yearly basis.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- The applicants should be working for governmental, research or non profit organisations or (private) companies in the agri food chain and carry responsibility within the control of different aspects of food safety.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with good overall score in a discipline related to the content of the course (food science, food technology, nutrition, food safety, etc.) from a recognized university, college or institute and have at least 2 years’ practical experience in the domain of food safety. For participants, which hold a university Master degree in a discipline related to the content of the course, this practical experience is not a restriction but it is highly recommended.
- The applicant must be proficient in the language of the course or training program, i.e. English. Command of the English language is a very important criterion for admission. With the exception of those who have a diploma (Secondary Education, Academic Bachelor Degree, Master Degree) issued by an institution officially recognized by the Flemish Government, applicants must be able to prove their proficiency in English.
For more information, visit this link