Deadline: 1 August 2015
Fulbright New Zealand Travel Awards are for New Zealand academics, artists or professionals to present their work to American audiences. Four to eight awards valued at up to NZ$5,000 are granted each year, towards a 12 to 90 day visit to the US. The duration of the award is 12-90 days. Apart from monetary, educational and cultural exchange benefits are also covered by the award.
The Award was named after J William Fulbright whose mission is to build peace through the mutual understanding of cultures. Fulbright applicants and grantees are expected to understand and support this mission and be effective ambassadors for New Zealand.
- Up to NZ$5,000 towards the costs of a short-term visit to the US*;
- A basic health benefit plan covering a maximum of US$50,000 per sickness or injury.
- Fulbright grantees carry the prestige of the Fulbright programme along with them throughout their careers.
To be eligible, applicant must:
- be a New Zealand citizen;
- not a permanent resident or citizen of the US;
- and are not currently living in the US.
- have a PhD completed or in progress, or the equivalent professional or artistic training or experience;
- be confirmed to make at least one major presentation in the US (poster presentations will not be funded); and
- meet the citizenship requirements for this award.
- Preference for Fulbright scholar awards is given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright scholar award, or had extensive recent experience in the US (ie. have not studied, taught, researched or worked in the US for a period aggregating more than nine months/one academic year during the past five years).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form available on the website before deadline.
- All required support documents need to be submitted along with the application.
- Candidates will be informed about the outcome of their application within six weeks of the application deadline.
For more information, please visit Fulbright.