Deadline: 17 September 2014
Are you a student of film making or aspiring a career in film making? Are you passionate about travel video making? Do you want to trip Mexico and make a travel video? If yes, apply for the World Nomads Travel Film scholarship: 10-day filmmaking assignment to capture the festival named ‘Day of the Dead’ that is celebrated to honor the departed and rejoice the living. All you need to do is submit a maximum 3-minutes travel themed video (themes are listed below) of yours and tell what winning the World Nomads’ Scholarship will mean to you, upload the video on YouTube or Vimeo and complete the application form.
- Get Cultured
- Seek Adventure
- Local Legend
- A 10-day trip to San Luis Potosi, Mexico
- Rode Microphones Gear
- Travel Insurance for the duration of the trip
- Round-trip airfare from the winner’s country of residence to Mexico
- 10-day professional mentorship from Brian Rapsey
Applications can be made by individuals (solo application) or a team of two (team application).
- Applicants can belong to any country but must be eligible to obtain a Mexican Visa.
- Applicants must be adventurer with keen desire to be into the filmmaking and/or presenting profession.
- Applicants cannot be professional film makers, they should be film making student or individuals seeking to develop their career as a film maker and/or presenter.
- Submitted video must be in one of the above mentioned travel theme and not more than 3-minutes.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the deadline with current, valid passport.
- Applicants must commit to be available for the film making assignment to Mexico from 30 October to 10 November 2014.
- Applicants must be comfortable in front of the camera, sharing their emotions and opinions with the world.
- Applicants must be physically fit able to complete moderate levels of physical work involving number of late nights.
For more information, please visit Travel Film Scholarship.