Deadline: 15 August 2015
The Ford Motor Company’s Conservation & Environmental Grants programme is seeking applications in order to empower individuals and non-profit groups donating their time and effort to preserve the environmental well-being of their communities.
The company hopes to encourage the multiplication of similar grassroots efforts that will serve as catalysts for change across the globe. The Ford Grants support ongoing and non-profit projects focused on Conservation Engineering, Protection of the Natural Environment and Environmental Education.
A total of US$100,000 will be available for deserving initiatives.
- Protection of the Natural Environment – Projects to conserve flora, fauna and/or their respective habitats.
- Conservation Engineering – Projects to reduce the rate of consumption of natural resources and/or pollution.
- Environmental Education – Projects aimed at creating or increasing environmental awareness.
Some of the Ford grants supported projects are:
- whale and dolphin research projects in Oman,
- saving coral reefs in the UAE and Kuwait,
- cleaning up beaches in Jordan and cleaning up rivers in Lebanon,
- protecting mangroves in Saudi Arabia,
- saving Arabian Leopards in the mountains of Oman
The jury panel will select winners from any of the following categories
- Usefulness and Practicality
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Conservation and Environmental Grants 2015.