Deadline: 15 December 2015
Applications are open for the SAIMA Prize for Arab contemporary Creation that promotes creativity in the Arab world. The aim to SAIMA prize is to reward artists in the states of the Arab League whose work are still relatively unknown and also want to contribute development and dissemination of the AWI’s (Arab World Institute) cultural activities.
The 2016 edition of the ‘SAIMA Award for contemporary creation’ will be organized in conjunction with the exhibition ‘Les Jardins arabo-musulmans. Source de modernité, which will be inaugurated in April 2016 at the AWI.
- broaden the AWI’s reach and promote its missions in France and abroad, particularly through its network of Friends;
- provide moral and financial support in order to contribute to the enrichment of the AWI’s collections and the development of its activities.
- Expand and intensify the study, knowledge, and understanding of the Arab world (its language, civilization, and development) in France.
- Promote cultural exchange, communication, and cooperation between France and the Arab world, particularly in the fields of science and technology.
- Participate in the flourishing relationship between France and the Arab world, by contributing to closer relations between the Arab world and Europe.
Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, or Yemen
Participation reserved for candidates who fulfill the following conditions:
- Applicant must be nationals of the eligible countries
- They must have less than ten years’ experience as a practicing artist;
- Their artwork must never have featured in a monograph.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their application forms at the address, given on the website.
For more information, please visit SAIMA Prize for Arab contemporary Creation.