Deadline: 15 December 2015
Applications are open for the SAIMA Prize for Arab contemporary Creation that promotes creativity in the Arab world. The aim to SAIMA prize is to reward artists in the states of the Arab League whose work are still relatively unknown and also want to contribute development and dissemination of the AWI’s (Arab World Institute) cultural activities.
The 2016 edition of the ‘SAIMA Award for contemporary creation’ will be organized in conjunction with the exhibition ‘Les Jardins arabo-musulmans. Source de modernité, which will be inaugurated in April 2016 at the AWI.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- broaden the AWI’s reach and promote its missions in France and abroad, particularly through its network of Friends;
- provide moral and financial support in order to contribute to the enrichment of the AWI’s collections and the development of its activities.
- Expand and intensify the study, knowledge, and understanding of the Arab world (its language, civilization, and development) in France.
- Promote cultural exchange, communication, and cooperation between France and the Arab world, particularly in the fields of science and technology.
- Participate in the flourishing relationship between France and the Arab world, by contributing to closer relations between the Arab world and Europe.
Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, or Yemen
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Participation reserved for candidates who fulfill the following conditions:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Applicant must be nationals of the eligible countries
- They must have less than ten years’ experience as a practicing artist;
- Their artwork must never have featured in a monograph.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their application forms at the address, given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit SAIMA Prize for Arab contemporary Creation.