In the “Rationale” section of the project proposal, we come across the following requirements:
- Thematic area of the project
- Indicate the country and locality where the project is to be implemented
- Indicate the indigenous peoples targeted in the project
- Provide a brief description of the background of the proposed project, the issues to be addressed, and explain how it will contribute to the implementation of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Under the current call for proposals, the Trust Fund supports the following areas identified as priority themes for the Second International Decade of the World’s Indigenous People:
- Human Rights
- the environment and social and economic development
Choose any one of the above theme areas under which the proposed project will be implemented.
After mentioning the location of the project, you can also name the indigenous community for whom the project is being implemented.
A short description of the project should be related to the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. You can find a copy of this Declaration at this link. Read it carefully to understand and link to your project activities. Basically, this section seeks to understand the need to implement the project and how this need will be addressed.