Learn about the different proposal invitation categories and grants information of the UN Trust Fund below.
Proposal Invitation Category
With its 20th funding cycle in 2016, the UN Trust Fund will fund organizations that qualify for grants:
- under the three programmatic areas of the UN Trust Fund’s 2015-2020 Strategy;
- under the “special window” addressing violence against women and girls in the context of the current refugee crisis; and
- under the “By Invitation only” category
Under Three Programmatic Areas
- Improving access for women and girls to essential, safe and adequate multi-sectoral services to end violence against women and girls;
- Increasing effectiveness of legislation, policies, national action plans and accountability systems to prevent and end violence against women and girls; and
- Improving prevention of violence against women and girls through changes in knowledge, attitudes and practices.
Under Special Window
Window of grant-making will focus on providing funding to organizations specifically addressing the issue of sexual and gender based violence experienced by women and girls refugees with an aim to enhance protection efforts at the stage of the transit process and to increase the provision of basic information and adequate basic services targeting the needs of all refugee, IDP and migrant women and girls in both transit and host countries.
Under “By Invitation only” Category
As part of its 2015-2020 programmatic strategy, the UN Trust Fund may specially invite a select number of its past grantees to submit applications. Such an invitation might be extended based on a rigorous assessment of the results and a specific and measurable impact of previously funded initiatives.
- For large civil society organizations and governments: US$ 125,001 to US$ 1 million for 2 or 3 years.
- For small civil society organizations: US$ 50,000 to US$ 125,000 for 2 or 3 years
Please visit next page for information regarding eligibility criteria and application procedure.
Masia Lizzy Lillian says
Thanks a lot for the great opportunity through UN Trust Fund.Am one of the women who has been fighting so hard through the media and other forum for the rights of the rural marginalized women of Moyo district in the West Nile region of Uganda.I fought so hard to become a district councilor so that the voices of the women can be heard louder and i succeeded as a councilor.Currently i have formed a community based organization called the Moyo Women’s Agenda that seeks to promote girl child education by visiting schools and talking to girls,finding out what their challenges in education are and how best those challenges can be addressed as well as monitoring the performance of girls in school.This organization also seeks to help child mothers by empowering them in vocational programs as well as awareness campaigns of fathers not to marry off their daughters or chase them away from home due to pregnancy which has been a common phenomenon.I will be one of the people sending in my proposal.
Deepika Singh says
Hi Masia Lizzy,
Fundsforngos is not a funding organization and we do not provide grants. We are a social enterprise that provides fundraising guides, resources, and the latest funding opportunities to help you fundraise better and secure grant funding.
For information regarding the application procedure, eligibility criteria and more , please visit the link provided in the last line at the end of the post.