Deadline- Nov 23, 2012
USAID’s Municipal Services Program (MSP) seeks applications for community engagement and social mobilization to promote hygiene for Jacobabad City to improve the management and accountability of key municipal services through infrastructure upgrades and operational reforms designed to better address citizen’ basic needs.
In order to complement and enhance the effectiveness and sustainability of the planned infrastructure and operational improvements in Jacobabad City, Sindh Province, the tasks described below will support and facilitate citizen and civil society engagement in service delivery and hygiene behavior change related to water, sanitation, sewerage, and solid waste. The activities will be carried out under the umbrella of the MSP Project Management Unit in the Government of Sindh.
The objectives are to:
- Provide support to service providers in enhancing the level of social services through-
- Articulation of genuine needs of the communities
- Contributing to appropriate service / user charges to service providers
- Contributing to, and managing, grassroots level social services
- Ensure full and active participation of CSOs/CBOs, and beneficiary communities including men, women and poor and marginalized in all MSP activities
- Build community capacity to advocate with the service provider for improved coverage and quality of water, sanitation, hygiene and solid waste services
- Enhance accountability of service providers thereby increasing the quality of services Mobilize and engage a wide range of stakeholders to improve key evidence-based hygiene behaviors at the household and community levels
- Document the process of engagement and hygiene behavior change to replication in other municipal settings in Sindh
For more information, visit grants.gov and search by funding opportunity number. PAK-13-00001MSP