Deadline: 8 March 2016
The United States Agency for International Development in Kosovo (USAID/Kosovo) is seeking concept papers from eligible prospective Kosovar or U.S. organizations and from its implementing partners of ongoing projects to propose innovative and effective approaches that increase participation of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Kosovo and strengthen the capacity and services of Disabled Persons Organizations – DPOs.
USAID is committed to disability inclusive development. USAID will not discriminate against people with disabilities and will work to ensure the inclusion and active participation of people with disabilities in USAID-funded programs and activities.
- Increase participation of people with disabilities in new or existing USAID programs
- Strengthen and support Disabled Persons Organizations (DPOs)
- Strengthened Participation of all Citizens, CSOs & Private Sector
- Improved Inter-Ethnic Integration
- Unconstrained Media and Freedom of Information
- More Competitive Political Processes.
Subject to the availability of funds, USAID/Kosovo anticipates awarding (or modifying existing awards) one or more grant(s) / cooperative agreement(s) and duration of the proposed program(s)/activity(ies) should be within 12-36 months.
- Small fund programs: Range from $150,000 to $300,000
- Large fund programs: Range from $300,000 – $600,000
- Applications should be from qualified U.S. or Kosovo entities, such as private, non-profit organizations (or for-profit companies willing to forego profits), including private voluntary organizations, universities, research organizations, professional associations, and relevant special interest associations.
- Local DPOs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Non-DPO organizations applying for funds must include in their application letter(s) of signed support from local DPOs they wish to partner with for the purpose of the project.
- Projects may be stand-alone, targeted programs to benefit persons with disabilities, or they can be projects/activities that seek to mainstream persons with disabilities within larger Mission programs.
- Projects should reflect the most pressing needs in the country and/or align with the Mission’s development priorities
- All proposals must be guided by the values and provisions set forth by the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Partners new to USAID may submit applications.
- USAID will not accept applications from individuals.
- All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- Public International Organizations are not eligible to apply for funding under this program.
- Applicants may only submit one application.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their application forms electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Expanding Participation of People with Disability Program.