Deadline- Feb 29, 2012
USAID/ Zimbabwe is planning to release a request for applications for a follow on program that is designed to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS through providing sustainable and high-quality care and support to orphans and vulnerable children. The overarching goal of the follow on activity is to build upon the gains achieved by the current OVC implementing partner consortium and strengthen the capacity of the public sector, communities and families to provide a holistic continuum of care and support to OVC.
- Be a local Organization, defined as follows as an organization that:
- is organized under the laws of Zimbabwe;
- has its principal place of business in Zimbabwe;
- is not less than 51 percent legally and beneficially owned by one or more resident citizens of Zimbabwe or be managed by a governing body, the majority of whom are citizens or lawful permanent residents of Zimbabwe; and
- is not controlled by a foreign entity or by one or more individuals who are not resident citizens of Zimbabwe.
- Have technical expertise and experience in the design, implementation and management of community-based OVC care and support activities. Organizations that currently have ongoing OVC activities should state their geographic location, and the nature of the activities being implemented.
- Demonstrate sound financial management including evidence of having managed several sub-wards with multiple partners, provided technical assistance to local organizations on technical and financial management issues, and received and/or managed other donor funds. Organizations should show the capacity to manage up to $4 million/year.