Deadline: 19 May 2015
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Colombia) is seeking applications for an agreement to provide funding in support of a program to support the Reintegration and Prevention of Recruitment program. The goal is to support Colombia to be more capable of successfully implementing a sustainable and inclusive peace.
Subject to the availability of funds, USAID intends to provide funding between $20,000,000 and $24,000,000 to be allocated over a 3 years period. USAID reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted in response to this RFA.
The Program will have four objectives:
- Provide strategic technical assistance to support the early reintegration efforts of the GOC during the demobilization roll-out phase — including support to national and/or international verification initiatives.
- Support the GOC implementation of strategies for prevention of recruitment of children and re-recruitment of adults and children in conflict affected areas, including linking services of the
- National Family Welfare System (ICBF) and the Colombian Agency for Reintegration (ACR) (and/or any equivalent GOC entity) to private sector initiatives in rural and urban areas.
- In alliance with the public and private sector, support GOC efforts to advance legal processing and service delivery to ex-combatants and disengaged children in rural and urban conflict areas in a participatory, tailored and community-focused manner.
- Support GOC knowledge management, information systems and communication efforts to support the clarification of judicial status of ex-combatants, with special emphasis on reintegration processes.
- Organizations,(large or small, commercial (for profit) firms, faith-based, and nonprofit organizations, Public International Organizations (PIOs)) are eligible to apply.
- USAID encourages applications from potential new partners.
- USAID will accept a maximum of one (1) application per organization for consideration under this RFA.
- USAID will not accept applications from individuals. All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- All applicants must be registered in Dun and Bradstreet Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number and System for Award Management (SAM).
- The cost share must be verifiable from the recipient’s records.
Electronic submission of applications is required. The applicant must submit the application in two separate parts: technical and cost/business application. Applications must be sent via email.
For more information, visit grants.gov and search for funding opportunity number: CDC-RFA-PS16-1602.