Deadline: 21 March 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) mission in Ethiopia requests applications from qualified and eligible organizations to manage and implement USAID’s Growth through Nutrition Activity with the goal of reducing malnutrition in Ethiopia.
Support for Growth through Nutrition is derived from multiple funding streams: nutrition, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and agriculture. Growth through Nutrition is a follow-on Activity to USAID’s flagship multi-sector nutrition project—Empowering New Generations to Improve Nutrition and Economic Opportunities (ENGINE). Growth through Nutrition is expected to build on, continue, and expand the accomplishments of ENGINE.
Intermediate Results to Achieve Activity Goal
- Increased access to diverse, safe, and quality foods;
- Optimal nutrition, WASH, and agriculture-related behaviors adopted;
- Increased utilization of quality nutrition services;
- Increased access to WASH products and services;
- Strengthened multi-sector coordination and capacity to implement effective nutrition and WASH programs.
Causes of Malnutrition
- Inadequate consumption of nutritious foods
- Poor feeding and caring practices
- High incidence of infectious diseases
- Low utilization of quality nutrition services
- Low income and food insecurity
- Early pregnancies and large family sizes
- Illiteracy and poor education
- Status and role of women
- Subject to the availability of funds, USAID intends to provide up to US $73,000,000 (seventy three million) in total funding for the Growth through Nutrition Activity.
- The anticipated Start Date for this activity is September 2016 with a period of performance of five years.
- All qualified U.S. and non-U.S. organizations (other than those from foreign policy restricted countries) are eligible to apply.
- Pursuant to Code of Federal Regulations it is USAID policy not to award profit under assistance instruments such as cooperative agreements, and as such, for-profit organizations must waive profits and/or fees to be eligible to submit an application.
- USAID encourages applications from potential new partners.
- Governments of Ethiopia laws require prior registration for a foreign and local organization in order to implement programs or conduct any business in Ethiopia.
- Applicants under consideration for an award may be subject to a pre award audit to determine fiscal responsibility, ensure adequacy of financial controls, and establish an indirect cost rate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application forms via address given on the website.
For more information, please visit USAID/Ethiopia Growth through Nutrition Activity.