Deadline: 1 March 2016
The United States Agency for International Development in Macedonia (USAID/Macedonia) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and Macedonian organisations to propose innovating and effective approach to increase the participation of people with disabilities (PWD) in USAID programs/activities and to strengthen the capacity and services of Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
People with disabilities are more likely to experience poverty. Women and girls with disabilities often experience heightened discrimination on account of gender and disability. Due to stigma, discrimination and inaccessibility, people with disabilities are less likely to access basic services such as education, employment and healthcare. The lack of access to vital services and programs contributes to their marginalization and exclusion, perpetuating a cycle of poverty.
Areas of Interest
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Increase the participation of people with disabilities in USAID programs/activities; and
- Strengthen the capacity and leadership of civil society organizations run by and for people with disabilities; herein referred to as Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
Subject to the availability of funds, USAID/Macedonia anticipates awarding one or more grant(s) / cooperative agreement(s). Programs will be fund in two categories:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Small fund programs: Ranging from $150,000 to $300,000
- Large fund programs Ranging from $300,000 to $600,000
USAID/Macedonia will review applications based on the following criteria:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Represents a pressing need in country and/or demonstrates a clear linkage with USAID Mission priorities
- Sound technical approach and likely to contribute to sustainable and institutional change
- Substantial involvement of and direct benefit to persons with disabilities
- Thoughtful integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Sound monitoring, evaluation and opportunities for learning
- Applications should be from qualified U.S. or Macedonian entities, such as private, non-profit organizations (or for-profit companies willing to forego profits), including private voluntary organizations, universities, research organizations, professional associations, and relevant special interest associations.
- Local DPOs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Non-DPO organizations applying for funds must include in their application letter(s) of signed support from local DPOs they wish to partner with for the purpose of the project.
- Partners new to USAID may submit applications. However, resultant award to these organizations may be significantly delayed if USAID must undertake necessary pre-award reviews of these organizations.
- USAID will not accept applications from individuals.
- All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- Public International Organizations are not eligible to apply for funding under this program.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their application forms electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Expanding Participation of People with Disability.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.