Deadline: 1 March 2016
The United States Agency for International Development in Macedonia (USAID/Macedonia) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and Macedonian organisations to propose innovating and effective approach to increase the participation of people with disabilities (PWD) in USAID programs/activities and to strengthen the capacity and services of Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
People with disabilities are more likely to experience poverty. Women and girls with disabilities often experience heightened discrimination on account of gender and disability. Due to stigma, discrimination and inaccessibility, people with disabilities are less likely to access basic services such as education, employment and healthcare. The lack of access to vital services and programs contributes to their marginalization and exclusion, perpetuating a cycle of poverty.
Areas of Interest
- Increase the participation of people with disabilities in USAID programs/activities; and
- Strengthen the capacity and leadership of civil society organizations run by and for people with disabilities; herein referred to as Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
Subject to the availability of funds, USAID/Macedonia anticipates awarding one or more grant(s) / cooperative agreement(s). Programs will be fund in two categories:
- Small fund programs: Ranging from $150,000 to $300,000
- Large fund programs Ranging from $300,000 to $600,000
USAID/Macedonia will review applications based on the following criteria:
- Represents a pressing need in country and/or demonstrates a clear linkage with USAID Mission priorities
- Sound technical approach and likely to contribute to sustainable and institutional change
- Substantial involvement of and direct benefit to persons with disabilities
- Thoughtful integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Sound monitoring, evaluation and opportunities for learning
- Applications should be from qualified U.S. or Macedonian entities, such as private, non-profit organizations (or for-profit companies willing to forego profits), including private voluntary organizations, universities, research organizations, professional associations, and relevant special interest associations.
- Local DPOs are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Non-DPO organizations applying for funds must include in their application letter(s) of signed support from local DPOs they wish to partner with for the purpose of the project.
- Partners new to USAID may submit applications. However, resultant award to these organizations may be significantly delayed if USAID must undertake necessary pre-award reviews of these organizations.
- USAID will not accept applications from individuals.
- All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- Public International Organizations are not eligible to apply for funding under this program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their application forms electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Expanding Participation of People with Disability.