Deadline: 1 March 2016
The United States Agency for International Development-Madagascar (USAID/Madagascar) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and Non U.S. organisations to apply for Disability Funding to increase the participation of people with disability (PWD) in USAID activities and strengthen the capacity and services of Disabled People’s Organization (DPO’s).
Projects may be stand-alone, targeted programs to benefit persons with disabilities, or they can be projects/activities that seek to mainstream persons with disabilities within existing USAID/Madagascar programs.
- Increase the participation of people with disabilities in USAID programs/activities; and
- Strengthen the capacity and leadership of civil society organizations run by and for people with disabilities; herein referred to as Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
This is a world-wide funding opportunity however; USAID/Madagascar is limited to a maximum, funding available for awards is approximately $6,000,000. Programs will be fund in two categories:
- Small fund proposal: Ranging from $20,000 to $300,000
- Large fund proposal: Ranging from $300,000 – $600,000
- Applications should be from qualified U.S. or non-U.S. entities, such as private, non-profit organizations (or for-profit companies willing to forego profits), including private voluntary organizations, universities, research organizations, professional associations, and relevant special interest associations working in Madagascar are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Mainstream (non-DPO) organizations applying for funds must include in their application letter(s) of signed support from local DPOs they wish to partner with for the purpose of the project.
- Partners new to USAID are encouraged to submit applications. Prior to award USAID must undertake necessary pre-award reviews of these organizations. This process may significantly delay start up so organizations should take this into account and plan their implementation dates and activities accordingly.
- USAID will not accept applications from individuals.
- All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- PIOs are not eligible to apply for funding under this program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Promoting Inclusive Development in Madagascar.