Deadline: 17 October 2014
The Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC), in collaboration with Red Cross/Red Crescent national societies and other actors, invites proposals for research on mobile communication for preparedness in South East Asia. The project is specifically focused on developing and rolling out flood hazard preparedness apps in Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar, and the Philippines.
The GDPC will collaborate with research partners who can implement the research component of the project to provide further insights into the most effective use of apps and other public communication tools.
Maximum USD50,000 will be provided for this particular project including all costs for regional coordination and country implementation.
Scope of the work
- Survey on different communication tools in the context of preparedness information including apps, SMS messaging and different social media platforms to gain better understanding of most effective tools for information sharing and awareness raising.
- Study of preferences for message content and design of different demographic and geographic groups to be included in the development of key preparedness messages.
- Applications must demonstrate high level work plan for the implementation and coordination of research activities in the 4 countries.
- Applicants must have information on capabilities and experiences of managing partners.
- Application must include short bios of the key personnel involved in the research project with information on past research experiences as applicable to the project.
- Application includes a concise budget broken down by activities.
Note: Applications must be sent via email with subject line ‘SE Asia Mobile Communication for Preparedness, [Institution], [Date]’.
For more information, please visit GDPC South East Asia Project.