Applications Open: 1 January 2016
Deadline: 28 February 2016
The Monsanto Fund is inviting applicants in order to improve the lives of farming communities around the world – as well as supporting the communities.
The Monsanto Fund accepts grant proposals for programs outside of the U.S. in the following areas:
- Providing basic education support designed to improve education in farming communities around the world, including supporting schools, libraries, science centers, farmer training programs and academic programs that enrich or supplement school programs
- Meeting critical needs in communities by supporting nonprofit organizations that help with things such as food security, sanitation, access to clean water, public safety and various other local needs.
The smallest grant will consider is US $25,000.
- Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia
- Asia: China, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam
- Europe & The Middle East: Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
- North America: Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Paraguay, Venezuela, Uruguay
- Applicant can apply for either a new program OR an existing program.
- International applications from organizations to fund projects located in eligible countries (given above)
- Applications to the Monsanto Fund for international regions are by invitation only
- Eligible organizations include public charities incorporated in the U.S. and working in a foreign country, indigenous public charities, units of government, private schools primarily serving an economically disadvantaged population, and private hospitals primarily serving an economically disadvantaged population.
- Monsanto Fund will not fund to Individual aid, Underwriting deficits, Fraternal, labor, Religious, politically partisan or similar groups.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, creed, ethnicity, religion, sex, age or national origin are not eligible to apply.
For application details and more, please visit Monsanto Fund.