Deadline: 30 April 2015
The 10th European Development Fund (EDF) is seeking proposals to support Non-State Actors (NSA) and Local Authorities (LA) through the award of grants by Calls for Proposals (EUR 5.1 million) intended under the programme- Water sector development in Rodrigues. The European Development Fund gave Mauritius 5.1 million euro which will be invested in projects for the improvement of water supply in Rodrigues island. (Image: Government of Mauritius). The programme aims to improve three MDG indicators, namely MDG7(c) (access to safe drinking water), MDG1(c) (Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger) and MDG5 (improved maternal health).
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to contribute to water sector development in the Island of Rodrigues by ensuring provision of safe drinking water to the local inhabitants in line with the Millennium Development Goals. More specifically, this Call for Proposals aims at enhancing water production, water distribution, water treatment, storage capacity and propose appropriate water pricing mechanism in a bid to improve access to safe drinking water in Rodrigues.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is EUR 1,560,482.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 12 months nor exceed 30 months.
Sectors or themes: Water sector development in the Island of Rodrigues
Location: Actions must take place in the Island of Rodrigues.
Size of grants
Grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 200 000 to EUR 800 000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a Commission of the Rodrigues Regional Assembly and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- The applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s) who must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the applicant himself.
- The applicant and its co-applicant(s) can act with affiliated entity(ies). Only the following entities may be considered as affiliated entities to the applicant and/or to co-applicant(s):
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by the beneficiary (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the beneficiary (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the beneficiary (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the beneficiary;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the beneficiary (sister companies)
- The beneficiary is legally defined as a e.g. network, federation, association in which the proposed affiliated entities also participate or the beneficiary participates in the same entity (e.g. network, federation, association) as the proposed affiliated entities.
How to Apply?
- Applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database on EuropeAid website.
- Thereafter Concept Note together with its relating Checklist and Declaration by the applicant must be submitted in one original and three (3) copies in A4 size, each bound.
- A CD-Rom with the Concept Note in electronic format must also be submitted via regular mail, along with the paper version, in a sealed envelope.
- Successful applicants will be invited to submit full proposal.
For more information, please visit Water Development in Rodrigues.