Deadline: 15 January 2016
The Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership is offering Indigenous Women in Community Leadership program 2016. It supports First Nation, Métis and Inuit women in building their capacities to be empowered leaders and agents of change capable of strengthening and contributing to the development of their communities.
The IWCL program’s duration is 4 months and will take place from May 2 to August 19, 2016.
- Program participants are provided with the opportunity to receive a small leverage fund of up to $1000 to offset costs incurred while undertaking the course work required during the community placement.
- The Community Leadership program provides successful candidates with a full scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, meals, and a three-month community placement stipend.
- Program participants also benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished Indigenous women leaders throughout their learning journey.
For 2016, the Indigenous Women in Community Leadership Program consists of three main components:
- May 2 – May 20, 2016: A three-week on-site intensive course at the Coady International Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
- May 21 – August 7, 2016: A three-month community placement is undertaken by the participant which includes required course work and the development of a community-based project.
- August 8 – 19, 2016: A second residency at the Coady Institute which includes additional skills building, as well as review and presentation of the participants’ community placement project and graduation from the program.
Applicants must be:
- Canadian indigenous (First Nation, Métis and Inuit) woman legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to demonstrate leadership through community involvement or volunteer work
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Women who have held leadership roles for more than 10 years should not apply for this certificate, but may be eligible to apply for other Coady educational program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Community Leadership.