Deadline: 2 May 2016
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) is seeking applications for a research consortium focused on topical areas related to violence against women to include domestic and intimate partner violence, sexual violence, stalking, and teen dating violence.
The goals of the violence against women program of research are to improve knowledge and understanding of teen dating violence, domestic and intimate partner violence, stalking, and sexual violence issues.
- Identifying the causes and consequences of VAW.
- Evaluating promising prevention and intervention programs.
- Rapid communication of research results.
- Supporting effective collaboration among a multidisciplinary set of researchers, practitioners, and policymakers in the conduct of research.
NIJ estimates that it will make one award of up to $5,000,000 for an estimated total of $5,000,000 for a 48–60 month project period, beginning on January 1, 2017.
- NIJ is authorized to make grants to, or enter into contracts or cooperative agreements with, States (including territories), units of local government, federally recognized Indian tribal governments (as determined by the Secretary of the Interior) that perform law enforcement functions, non-profit and for-profit organizations (including tribal non-profit and forprofit organizations), institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education), and certain qualified individuals.
- For-profit organizations must agree to forgo any profit or management fee. Foreign governments, foreign organizations, and foreign institutions of higher education are not eligible to apply.
- NIJ welcomes applications that involve two or more entities, however, one eligible entity must be the applicant and the other(s) must be proposed as subrecipient(s).
- The applicant must be the entity with primary responsibility for conducting and leading the research, as applicable. If successful, the applicant will be responsible for monitoring and appropriately managing any subrecipients or, as applicable, for administering any procurement subcontracts that would receive federal program funds from the applicant under the award.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Women Research Consortium.