LOIs can be submitted anytime
The South Asian Women’s Fund (SAWF) is committed to supporting women’s organisations and activists working towards realising women’s human rights in the South Asian region. It supports human rights in the context of conflict, identity, socio-economic deprivations and in relation to violence against women. SAWF aims at supporting women’s groups and activists, who are working at the grassroots, to undertake innovative, cutting edge and critical work.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Types of Grants
SAWF’s Small Grants– Launched in 2010-11, are for innovative and distinctive initiatives, being led by dynamic women leaders and/or the second line leadership of the organization. These grants are given to women’s groups and/or organizations, Individuals and grants for attending events, workshops and/ or conferences. Grant Size: Up to 5000 USD
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Thematic Grants- These grants are available under two themes-
SAWF’s Seeding Grants– Seeding grants are available for newly established women interventions that seek to provide core support to small women’s rights groups having difficulty in strengthening the institution building process. The grant supports interventions, which are upcoming, seeking to increase and strengthen the participation of feminist voices. Grants availability: 10,000 USD.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Women leadership
- Human rights
- Women with disabilities
- Sex worker rights
- Women in conflict
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Any woman’s organization whose annual budget is under USD 50,000, located in the focus countries.
- The organization should be registered and have the requisite legal registration.
- At least 70% of its decision-making body and staff should be women.
- It should be committed to feminist principles and right based approaches.
- Women volunteering or working with a women’s rights or a human rights organization may apply.
- A second-line woman leader of a mainstream organization may also apply for the grant.
How to Apply?
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- SAWF does not accept unsolicited full proposals. Applicants must first submit the Letter of Interest. The format of LOIs is available to download from the website.
- SAWF will accept LoIs in English and any of the regional languages – Bangla, Hindi, Nepali, Sinhalese, Tamil and Urdu via email.
- Upon selection, an organization will have to submit the following documents for the finalization of the grant:
- An attested copy of the registration of the organization
- List of its governing body and executive staff
- Tax exemption status
- Audited accounts of the previous financial year
- Annual report or any other document in its stead that lays out the activities, achievements and challenges that the organization undertook in the preceding year.
More information about this Foundation is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…