The IKEA Foundation supports and empowers women and girls in order to change their lives.The foundation believes that by empowering women—through education, skills training, improved healthcare, or providing a loan to set up a small business—we can improve children’s health, education and future opportunities.
The foundation envisions a world where children living in poverty have more opportunities to create a better future for themselves and their families.
The foundation’s mission is to create substantial and lasting change by funding holistic, long-term programmes in some of the world’s poorest communities that address children’s fundamental needs: home, health, education and a sustainable family income.
- Creating higher household incomes
- Changing attitudes
- Improving access to higher education
- Developing literacy skills
- Improving healthcare
- In India, foundation’s partnership with Landesa will improve the lives of 90,000 rural women and over 300,000 children in Uttar Pradesh by providing women with land titles, land literacy and access to government programmes.
- In Brazil, foundation support Forest Trends’ programme to help indigenous families improve their incomes and to empower women to play a more active role in their communities.
- In southern Africa, foundation’s partnership with KickStart is helping poor rural families use water pumps to grow crops throughout the year. This project will help as many as 280,000 people increase their family income and will improve food security for at least 3.8 million people in the region.
- Better lives for refugee children and families
- Empowering women and girls
- Emergency response
- Good cause campaigns in cooperation with IKEA stores
- Brighter Lives for Refugees campaign
If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download this full Resource guide in PDF with links to original sites. Additionally, you can access thousands of other donors in our donor database. Not a Premium Member? Sign up now!